Acupuncture used in IVF support is the ultimate East meets West in medicine. This ancient therapy is a natural, pain free and medication free treatment option used worldwide to aid in IVF support.
Acupuncture is safe and effective in helping you maximise your body’s natural response to increase your chance of a healthy conception and pregnancy.
Research has found acupuncture can improve your chance of pregnancy by:
- increasing blood flow to the ovaries and womb
- improving egg quality
- helping ovarian response to medication
- thickening endometrium lining
- reducing stress and anxiety
- assisting in maintaining implantation
- facilitating medication delivery to ovaries during stimulation
- treating side effects associated with IVF medications and egg pick up procedure including headaches, bloating, lower abdominal pain, moodiness and irritability
When acupuncture is given on the day of embryo transfer, it has been shown to improve your chance of not just a pregnancy, but a live birth by up to 65%. And let’s face it, a live birth is the only outcome we are really interested in.
Most women and families find not only improved pregnancy outcomes, but other health benefits too. They are more relaxed, feel less anxious and more confident in their body’s ability to conceive.
If you have any questions around how acupuncture could help support you through IVF, please contact us by using the contact form or send an email to Paige at firstname.lastname@example.org